By: Niki Shadrow Snyder
- NS: Tell us about yourself and what you do? TW: I write for Forbes about influencers, and also host The Tom Ward Show, a YouTube channel podcast. I’ve also just launched the Brand Aid podcast, with TikTok star Griffin Johnson.
- NS: How did you personally move the needle in 2020? TW: The biggest needle mover for me was creating the Brand Aid podcast with Griffin Johnson. It’s a business podcast about branding. He picked me to co-host it with him, which was a great opportunity. He has a following of 20 million plus across social media, so it’s been great exposure for me.
- NS: How did you deal with the stress in the world in 2020? TW: I’m a big believe in meditation. I meditate twice a day, for 20 minutes each session. Exercise is also a huge stress reliever for me. We built a gym in our garage and I’ve been seeing my boxing trainer. He takes all precautions, every week, and I look forward to it all week.
- NS: Do you have any advice for your younger self? TW: To use your time wisely. You will never have this much free time ever again, so use it to learn and develop new skills.
- NS: What did you do in 2020 that you’re most passionate about? TW: My YouTube interviews. They’ve gone really well and the views are way up. I focused almost exclusively on interviewing TikTokers and the viewers have loved them! I’m also very passionate about the BLM movement and I used my platform, this year, to inspire change.
- NS: What was the worst part of 2020 for you? TW: Just being isolated from everyone. And every week looked the same. The most depressing thing was seeing my oldest daughter start kindergarten online. The first year of school is supposed to be a fun and exciting time for a kid. Now, she has to take the classes online and is stuck at home with her parents all day. She doesn’t get to play with any kids. At least she has a little sister to boss around!
- NS: What was the best part of 2020 for you? TW: Spending time with my family. We’ll never get to spend this much time together ever again. My wife works in an office, but now she works at home with me. So I get to hang with her every day, which is awesome. My oldest daughter is home with us every day, which is a blessing. I’ll never get to spend every day with her again, once she goes back to school.
- NS: What does success mean to you? TW: Getting paid to do what you’d do for free.
- NS: What causes are important to you? TW: BLM. I’ve been very involved with the causes this year. I love BLMLA. They’re incredible and really inspire you to get more involved. And drug abuse treatment and mental health care are two causes that I’m very involved with.
- NS: Do you think the world right now needs to be influenced by what they can get or what they can give in the middle of this pandemic? TW: I think both. It’s always important to give back and there are ways to give, even while you’re stuck at home. But it’s also important to look at what you can get during this pandemic. Instead of being depressed about being at home, look at all the ways you can use your time. You can “get” all kinds of things. You can use the time to learn a new instrument, to start meditating, to spend more time with your family, to exercise, etc. There’s a lot of things you can get by staying at home.
ORDER ISSUE BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW